Speak With a Licensed Expert!

Medicare Supplement Enrollment

Medicare Supplement insurance plans also commonly known as Medigap, assist with covering deductibles and coinsurance that Original Medicare does not. About 80% of your medical expenses are covered by Medicare; the remaining 20% must, of course, be covered by you. Depending on your level of coverage, the supplement plan will pay the difference. A Medicare Supplement enrollment plan is available to you if you have Original Medicare Parts A and B. Your six-month open enrollment window will start the month you turn 65. Your Medicare Part B effective date will then start a once-in-a-lifetime Open Enrollment period. Being disabled for 24 months also qualifies you for Medicare, and the Open Enrollment period is decided by the Part B effective date. You cannot be turned down for coverage due to a pre-existing condition or condition at the time of open enrollment for Medicare Supplements. Some states offer a plan or plans to people under 65 who are eligible for Medicare for reasons other than age, although not all states permit health underwriting. Any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare patients may be used if you have Medicare Supplement coverage.  

How to Find the Best Medigap Policies for You

Due to the standardization of Medigap policies, every insurance provider is required to provide specific benefits for each plan. As a result, anywhere you purchase a Medigap plan with a particular letter, it will be the same. The same insurance is offered by numerous insurance providers in every state at various Medicare Supplement rates. You should take your finances and health into consideration while selecting a plan. You can compare pricing between insurance providers once you know which plan will best suit your needs. To view the many types of plans and the advantages they provide, use the Medicap chart. It is of importance to choose one based on your needs now and in the future. When comparing plans, keep in mind that the most expensive choice isn’t always the best in terms of coverage just as the lowest priced plan isn’t always the most economical. Plan N may be more economical than Plan G if you are generally healthy and don’t visit the doctor frequently. Plan G is probably less expensive than Plan N, if you visit the doctor once each month. Choose a plan that includes emergency assistance overseas if you frequently go abroad. When you are 65 or older and enrolled in Medicare Part B, the six-month Medigap open enrollment period that starts in that month is typically the optimum time to purchase coverage. You cannot be rejected or charged more during this time due to medical conditions. You may be charged extra or have coverage denied due to your health if you subsequently decide to switch policies because you will typically have to go through medical underwriting. Recall that prescription drug coverage is not offered by Medicare Supplement plans. Instead, you will need to acquire a stand-alone Part D Medicare, generally known as a Prescription Drug Plan (PDP). Dental and vision care are also not covered unless they are absolutely necessary for your health.
As Seen On
Categories

Call Us Today for a FREE Consultation and Your Customized Medigap Quote Comparison From All Top Rated Insurers!.

Client Testimonials

Don't wait! Act Now and Complete the Form to Receive Your Personalized Medicare Supplement Plan Comparison.

Finding the perfect Medicare supplement plan has never been easier! Simply provide us with a few essential details, and we'll create a tailored comparison from over 30 of the best Medicare Supplement Insurance providers.

We Work With the Industries Most Trusted Insurance Carriers!

Aetna
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
Mutual of Omaha
Cigna
UnitedHealthcare (UHC)